Please help me out as I cannot figure out from all the online
documentation why my cluster wont work.
1) I started with two computers with a fresh install of Fedora 10.
2) Created two user accounts on the two computers with the same user name.
3) Created an rsa keyed ssh between the two computers going both directions,
so that each computer can log into one another without being prompted for a
4) Installed openmpi on both via yum with the command "yum install openmpi
5) Compiled and ran hello.c with a host file containing the IP addresses of
both computers with slot numbers. But openmpi only hangs for minutes, until
I kill it.
I am able to run hello.c locally and even with a hostfile containing
only the local machines address, but am not able to started a multi node
program from either computer. Have I done all the correct steps, am I
- Jacob B.