The Open MPI Team, representing a consortium of research, academic,
and industry partners, is pleased to announce the release of Open MPI
version 1.3.1. This release is mainly a bug fix release over the v1.3.0
release, but there are few new features. We strongly recommend
that all users upgrade to version 1.3.1 if possible.
Version 1.3.1 can be downloaded from the main Open MPI web site or
any of its mirrors (mirrors will be updating shortly).
Here is a list of changes in v1.3.1 as compared to v1.3.0:
- Added "sync" coll component to allow users to synchronize every N
collective operations on a given communicator.
- Increased the default values of the IB and RNR timeout MCA parameters.
- Fix a compiler error noted by Mostyn Lewis with the PGI 8.0 compiler.
- Fix an error that prevented stdin from being forwarded if the
rsh launcher was in use. Thanks to Branden Moore for pointing out
- Correct a case where the added datatype is considered as contiguous
has gaps in the beginning.
- Fix an error that limited the number of comm_spawns that could
simultaneously be running in some environments
- Correct a corner case in OB1's GET protocol for long messages; the
error could sometimes cause MPI jobs using the openib BTL to hang.
- Fix a bunch of bugs in the IO forwarding (IOF) subsystem and add some
new options to output to files and redirect output to xterm. Thanks
Jody Weissmann for helping test out many of the new fixes and
- Fix SLURM race condition.
- Fix MPI_File_c2f(MPI_FILE_NULL) to return 0, not -1. Thanks to
Lisandro Dalcin for the bug report.
- Fix the DSO build of tm PLM.
- Various fixes for size disparity between C int's and Fortran
INTEGER's. Thanks to Christoph van Wullen for the bug report.
- Ensure that mpirun exits with a non-zero exit status when daemons or
processes abort or fail to launch.
- Various fixes to work around Intel (NetEffect) RNIC behavior.
- Various fixes for mpirun's --preload-files and --preload-binary
- Fix the string name in MPI::ERRORS_THROW_EXCEPTIONS.
- Add ability to forward SIFTSTP and SIGCONT to MPI processes if you
set the MCA parameter orte_forward_job_control to 1.
- Allow the sm BTL to allocate larger amounts of shared memory if
desired (helpful for very large multi-core boxen).
- Fix a few places where we used PATH_MAX instead of OMPI_PATH_MAX,
leading to compile problems on some platforms. Thanks to Andrea Iob
for the bug report.
- Fix mca_btl_openib_warn_no_device_params_found MCA parameter; it
was accidentally being ignored.
- Fix some run-time issues with the sctp BTL.
- Ensure that RTLD_NEXT exists before trying to use it (e.g., it
doesn't exist on Cygwin). Thanks to Gustavo Seabra for reporting
- Various fixes to VampirTrace, including fixing compile errors on
- Fixed missing MPI_Comm_accept.3 man page; fixed minor issue in
orterun.1 man page. Thanks to Dirk Eddelbuettel for identifying the
problem and submitting a patch.
- Implement the XML formatted output of stdout/stderr/stddiag.
- Fixed mpirun's -wdir switch to ensure that working directories for
multiple app contexts are properly handled. Thanks to Geoffroy
Pignot for reporting the problem.
- Improvements to the MPI C++ integer constants:
- Allow MPI::SEEK_* constants to be used as constants
- Allow other MPI C++ constants to be used as array sizes
- Fix minor problem with orte-restart's command line options. See
ticket #1761 for details. Thanks to Gregor Dschung for reporting