I am trying to use the cm component from pml, but when I execute the
command: "mpirun -np 2 --mca pml cm ompi_test", I get the error message
that "No available pml components were found". I did a ompi_info to see if
the cm component exist, and it does. The output of ">ompi_info | grep cm"
was "MCA pml: cm (MCA v1.0, API v1.0, Component v1.3)". I have also set my
LD_LIBRARY_PATH as instructed by the FAQs. I have even reconfigured and
rebuilt open-mpi, but that didn't fix the problem either. I am wondering
whether a process on my system could interfere with opening the cm
component. I don't know the answer to this, but thought that I should
throw it out there.
Anyways, I am not sure what to do next to troubleshoot this problem and
was hoping that somebody could give me pointers on what might be wrong or
what I could check/do next.