I met with Joseph Cottam (Grad student in my lab at IU) yesterday
about MTT visualization. He is working on some new visualization
techniques and wants to apply them to the MTT dataset.
Since we are ramping up to a v1.3 release we want to visualization to
support this effort. So we want to make sure that the visualization
will meet the development community's needs. We should probably ask
the devel-core list, but I thought I would start some of the
discussion here to make sure I am asking the right questions of the
To start I have some basic questions:
- How does Open MPI determine that it is stable enough to release?
- What dimensions of testing are most/least important (i.e.,
platforms, compilers, feature sets, scale, ...)?
- What other questions would be useful to answer with regard to
testing (thinking completely outside of the box)?
* Example: Are we testing a specific platform/configuration set
too much/too little?
- Other questions you think we should pose to the group?
We are currently feeling out the domain of possibilities, but hope to
start doing some sketching some ideas in another week or so. This work
should proceed fairly quickly since we are targeting a paper about
this for the ACM Symposium on Software Visualization (http://www.softvis.org/
) which is due in early April. How is that for expecting success :)