Open MPI logo

Hardware Locality Development Mailing List Archives

  |   Home   |   Support   |   FAQ   |   all Hardware Locality Development mailing list

Subject: [hwloc-devel] roadmap, XML/JSON/...
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-06 10:44:30

v1.3rc1 has been released two weeks ago and many things are going on
right now, in all branches:
* I just finished fixing my pile of distance-related bugs (thanks to
multinode support and OMPI users). I backported the really important
ones in v1.3 and v1.2. Do we want a 1.2.2?
* I applied some non-trivial changes (mostly XML) to v1.3 after rc1,
which means rc2 won't be the final release.
* I wonder if we should also include in v1.3 the XML/JSON/whatever
export/import that's under discussion in another thread. If we need it
for OMPI, it may need a backport in v1.2 anyway, so getting early
feedback through v1.3 would be better.
* If we apply these big export/import changes in v1.3, we're not going
to do the final v1.3 release very soon. Should we do a rc2 now (the
changelog is already large) and then a rc3 with this new export/import?
Or wait for the new import/export before doing rc2?

I'm a bit too lazy to release a 1.2.2 except if there's a single RC :)
And I think I would vote for 1.3rc2 now too.