On Dec 2, 2010, at 4:25 AM, Bernd Kallies wrote:
> I'm thinking about either submitting this to CPAN or to the hwloc dev
> team. However, I first wanted to wait how things with hwloc 1.1 will
> look, when the dust has settled somehow.
> Any hints or ideas?
I forgot to address this.
1.1 is pretty close to done. If you wanted to shift your work to be based on 1.1, I think you'd be pretty safe.
As for CPAN vs. upstream to us, I don't have a good feel for what would be the right answer there. There certainly is value in both directions (keeping it separate from upstream and from including it upstream).
Let me just ask one logistical question that may help guide down the right road: in order to keep all the IP clean in the code base, we require anyone who submits more-than-trivial patches to sign an Open MPI 3rd party contribution agreement:
IANAL and this is not legal advice, but my understanding is that this is the Apache contribution agreement essentially with s/Apache/Open MPI/g. It allows us to distribute any code you contribute under the BSD license.
Would you -- or your employer, if they own the code that you generate -- be able to sign this document?
For corporate legal information go to: