On Nov 9, 2010, at 12:49 PM, Samuel Thibault wrote:
>> But the object structure has been extended, cache attributes were
> Extension is not a problem, provided that offsets are still the same
> (i.e. the old C structure appears first in the new C structure)
>> machine attributes were removed.
> That is not a problem here. The attr field of hwloc_obj will be NULL,
> that's all, the application won't ever read it anyway.
> I don't see anything else that we removed (that's why you have added
> cpuset aliases actually).
Could you try it? I.e.:
- install 1.0.2 (or, better: 1.0.3rc)
- compile and run a trivial hwloc app against 1.0.x
- download and extract 1.1rc2
- change VERSION to be 1:0:1
- build and install 1.1rc2 over the 1.0.x install
- run the same trivial hwloc app against the new library without recompiling/relinking it
Does it work?
For corporate legal information go to: