Open MPI logo

Docs Mailing List Archives

  |   Home   |   Support   |   FAQ   |   all Docs mailing list

From: Jeff Pummill (jpummil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-20 15:40:25

Which would be more appropriate for academic institutions and their
staff / users / faculty? I would likely be the main person interacting
with the list. As the Senior Sysadmin for HPC, is the individual
agreement sufficient?

Jeff Pummill
University of Arkansas

Jeff Squyres wrote:
> It depends on your situation. If you can contribute as an
> individual, then the Individual agreement is fine. If you will be
> contributing as part of a larger organization, then you'll need to
> submit the Corporate agreement.
> At issue is whether your employer owns/has claim any work that you
> produce. IANAL, but my understanding is that it is up to contributor
> to determine which they should use. Don't take "Individual" just
> because it's easier -- if your employer does actually have claim on
> the code or documentation that you produce, the Right Thing to do is
> to submit the Corporate agreement (with appropriate signatures).
> The whole goal of these agreements is to keep the intellectual
> property in Open MPI "clean" such that no one will ever come back to
> the copyright holders and say "my work is in Open MPI; you owe me
> money."
> On Sep 20, 2007, at 3:17 AM, jody wrote:
>> Hi
>> Is this the
>> "Open MPI Individual Contributor License Agreement"
>> ?
>> Jody
>> _______________________________________________
>> docs mailing list
>> docs_at_[hidden]