Open MPI logo

Docs Mailing List Archives

  |   Home   |   Support   |   FAQ   |   all Docs mailing list

From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-20 15:33:12

It depends on your situation. If you can contribute as an
individual, then the Individual agreement is fine. If you will be
contributing as part of a larger organization, then you'll need to
submit the Corporate agreement.

At issue is whether your employer owns/has claim any work that you
produce. IANAL, but my understanding is that it is up to contributor
to determine which they should use. Don't take "Individual" just
because it's easier -- if your employer does actually have claim on
the code or documentation that you produce, the Right Thing to do is
to submit the Corporate agreement (with appropriate signatures).

The whole goal of these agreements is to keep the intellectual
property in Open MPI "clean" such that no one will ever come back to
the copyright holders and say "my work is in Open MPI; you owe me

On Sep 20, 2007, at 3:17 AM, jody wrote:

> Hi
> Is this the
> "Open MPI Individual Contributor License Agreement"
> ?
> Jody
> _______________________________________________
> docs mailing list
> docs_at_[hidden]

Jeff Squyres
Cisco Systems