On Jan 25, 2013, at 7:28 AM, Leif Lindholm <Leif.Lindholm_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Mmm. Ok. So is this a correct list of what is supported right now (i.e., in v1.6 with your patch)
>> ARM4: no
>> ARM5: no
>> ARM6: sorta (not multi-core, or anywhere we would need barriers)
>> ARM7: yes
> Correct, that is what is supported with out-of-line assembler functions
> - i.e. when explicitly building with -DOMPI_DISABLE_INLINE_ASM.
> They are all supported (and correctly using barriers) otherwise.
Here's what I have done:
1. Committed your patch to v1.6. George's patch was not committed to v1.6.
2. I opened https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/ticket/3481 to track your proposal of re-implementing/revamping the ARM ASM code.
Do you have a timeline for when that can be done?
3. Since no one is currently MTT testing Open MPI on ARM, I added the following statement in the v1.6 README file under "Other systems have been lightly (but not fully tested):"
- ARM4, ARM5, ARM6, ARM7 (when using non-inline assembly; only ARM7
is fully supported when -DOMPI_DISABLE_INLINE_ASM is used).
--> Is this correct?
--> Do you think you'll be able to setup some MTT on ARM platforms?
4. I also added the following to v1.6 NEWS:
- Automatically provide compiler flags that compile properly on some
types of ARM systems.
For corporate legal information go to: http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/