he Open MPI Team, representing a consortium of research, academic, and industry partners, is pleased to announce the release of Open MPI version 1.8.2:
- Fix auto-wireup of OOB, allowing ORTE to automatically
test all available NICs
- "Un-deprecate" pernode, npernode, and npersocket options
by popular demand
- Add missing Fortran bindings for MPI_WIN_LOCK_ALL,
MPI_WIN_UNLOCK_ALL, and MPI_WIN_SYNC.
- Fix cascading/over-quoting in some cases with the rsh/ssh-based
launcher. Thanks to multiple users for raising the issue.
- Properly add support for gfortran 4.9 ignore TKR pragma (it was
erroneously only partially added in v1.7.5). Thanks to Marcus
Daniels for raising the issue.
- Update/improve help messages in the usnic BTL.
- Resolve a race condition in MPI_Abort.
- Fix obscure cases where static linking from wrapper compilers would
- Clarify the configure --help message about when OpenSHMEM is
enabled/disabled by default. Thanks to Paul Hargrove for the
- Align pages properly where relevant. Thanks to Paul Hargrove for
identifying the issue.
- Various compiler warning and minor fixes for OpenBSD, FreeBSD, and
Solaris/SPARC. Thanks to Paul Hargrove for the patches.
- Properly pass function pointers from Fortran to C in the mpi_f08
module, thereby now supporting gfortran 4.9. Thanks to Tobias
Burnus for assistance and testing with this issue.
- Improve support for Cray CLE 5.
- Fix mpirun regression: ensure exit status is non-zero if mpirun is
terminated due to signal.
- Improved CUDA efficiency of asynchronous copies.
- Fix to parameter type in MPI_Type_indexed.3. Thanks to Bastian
Beischer for reporting the mistake.
- Fix NUMA distance calculations in the openib BTL.
- Decrease time required to shut down mpirun at the end of a job.
- More RMA fixes.
- More hostfile fixes from Tetsuya Mishima.
- Fix darray issue where UB was not computed correctly.
- Fix mpi_f08 parameter name for MPI_GET_LIBRARY_VERSION. Thanks to
Junchao Zhang for pointing out the issue.
- Ensure mpirun aborts properly when unable to map processes in
- Ensure that MPI RMA error codes show up properly. Thanks to
Lisandro Dalcin for reporting the issue.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements to the bash and zsh mpirun
- Fix sequential mpirun process mapper. Thanks to Bill Chen for
reporting the issue.
- Correct SLURM stdout/stderr redirection.
- Added missing portals 4 files.
- Performance improvements for blocking sends and receives.
- Lots of cleanup to the ml collective component
- Added new Java methods to provide full MPI coverage
- Many OSHMEM cleanups
- Prevent comm_spawn from automatically launching a VM across
all available nodes
- Close many memory leaks to achieve valgrind-clean operation
- Better handling of TCP connection discovery for mismatched networks
where we don't have a direct 1:1 subnet match between nodes
- Prevent segfault when OMPI info tools are used in pipes and user
exits one step of that pipe before completing output