The Open MPI Team, representing a consortium of research, academic, and industry partners, is pleased to the next release in the stable release series: Open MPI version 1.6.2.
Version 1.6.2 is a minor bugfix release. All users are encouraged to upgrade to v1.6.2 when possible.
Note that v1.6.2 is ABI compatible with the entire v1.5.x and v1.6.x series, but is not ABI compatible with the v1.4.x series. See http://www.open-mpi.org/software/ompi/versions/ for a description of Open MPI's release methodology.
Version 1.6.2 can be downloaded from the main Open MPI web site or any of its mirrors (Windows binaries will be available shortly; mirrors will also be updating soon).
Here is a list of changes in v1.6.2 as compared to v1.6.1:
- Fix issue with MX MTL. Thanks to Doug Eadline for raising the issue.
- Fix singleton MPI_COMM_SPAWN when the result job spans multiple nodes.
- Fix MXM hang, and update for latest version of MXM.
- Update to support Mellanox FCA 2.5.
- Fix startup hang for large jobs.
- Ensure MPI_TESTANY / MPI_WAITANY properly set the empty status when
- Fix MPI_CART_SUB behavior of not copying periods to the new
communicator properly. Thanks to John Craske for the bug report.
- Add btl_openib_abort_not_enough_reg_mem MCA parameter to cause Open
MPI to abort MPI jobs if there is not enough registered memory
available on the system (vs. just printing a warning). Thanks to
Brock Palen for raising the issue.
- Minor fix to Fortran MPI_INFO_GET: only copy a value back to the
user's buffer if the flag is .TRUE.
- Fix VampirTrace compilation issue with the PGI compiler suite.
For corporate legal information go to: http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/