The Open MPI Team, representing a consortium of research, academic,
and industry partners, is pleased to announce the release of Open MPI
version 1.2.7. This release is mainly a bug fix release over the v1.2.6
release, but there are few new features. We strongly recommend
that all users upgrade to version 1.2.7 if possible.
Version 1.2.7 can be downloaded from the main Open MPI web site or
any of its mirrors (mirrors will be updating shortly).
Here is a list of changes in v1.2.7 as compared to v1.2.6:
- Add some Sun HCA vendor IDs. See ticket #1461.
- Fixed a memory leak in MPI_Alltoallw when called from Fortran.
Thanks to Dave Grote for the bugreport. See ticket #1457.
- Only link in libutil when it is needed/desired. Thanks to
Brian Barret for diagnosing and fixing the problem. See ticket #1455.
- Update some QLogic HCA vendor IDs. See ticket #1453.
- Fix F90 binding for MPI_CART_GET. Thanks to Scott Beardsley for
bringing it to our attention. See ticket #1429.
- Remove a spurious warning message generated in/by ROMIO. See ticket #1421.
- Fix a bug where command-line MCA parameters were not overriding
MCA parameters set from environment variables. See ticket #1380.
- Fix a bug in the AMD64 atomics assembly. Thanks to Gabriele Fatigati
for the bug report and bugfix. See ticket #1351.
- Fix a gather and scatter bug on intercommunicators when the datatype
being moved is 0 bytes. See ticket #1331.
- Some more man page fixes from the Debian maintainers.
See tickets #1324 and #1329.
- Have openib BTL (OpenFabrics support) check for the presence of
/sys/class/infiniband before allowing itself to be used. This check
prevents spurious "OMPI did not find RDMA hardware!" notices on
systems that have the software drivers installed, but no
corresponding hardware. See tickets #1321 and #1305.
- Added vendor IDs for some ConnectX openib HCAs. See ticket #1311.
- Fix some RPM specfile inconsistencies. See ticket #1308.
Thanks to Jim Kusznir for noticing the problem.
- Removed an unused function prototype that caused warnings on
some systems (e.g., OS X). See ticket #1274.
- Fix a deadlock in inter-communicator scatter/gather operations.
Thanks to Martin Audet for the bug report. See ticket #1268.
Tim Mattox, Ph.D.
Open Systems Lab