Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 16:54:02 -0700
From: Eugene.Loh@Sun.COM
To: users@open-mpi.org
Subject: Re: [OMPI users] MPI_COMM_WORLD Error

mtcreekmore@broncs.utpa.edu wrote:

I and new to OpenMPI and  have looked for this, but not getting anywhere.

I got an example program off this site:

The compute PI in Fortran example.
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpi/usingmpi/examples/simplempi/main.htm

Compiled it with "mpif90" and no errors.
Then used the qsub -I and tried both executing directly and "mpirun" and still receive these errors:

[MGT-2-1:02994] *** An error occurred in MPI_Comm_rank
[MGT-2-1:02994] *** on communicator MPI_COMM_WORLD
[MGT-2-1:02994] *** MPI_ERR_COMM: invalid communicator
[MGT-2-1:02994] *** MPI_ERRORS_ARE_FATAL (goodbye)

Any guidance in the right direction would be appreciated.
First, the example works fine for me.

You seem to be bombing in MPI_Comm_rank and before it asks you for any input.  I guess it's having problems with the MPI_COMM_WORLD communicator being passed to MPI_Comm_rank?  Maybe it's having problems finding the mpif.h include file?  It's finding *some* mpif.h include file, but presumably not the right one.  Make sure the mpif90 and mpirun commands are the ones you think you should be getting and, if they are, try adding -showme to the mpif90 line to see where it's looking for the mpif.h include file.