Both machines are x86_64, although one is a single quad core and the other is a dual quad core, the RH installs are the same. ompi and the other program were both statically linked. After the compiles I copied the target dirs to the new machine and hoped they would run, the program I wish to run passes all its self tests except the parallel ones. One thing is that there is a previous install of opmi on the machine, ideally I woulkd like to keep that installed as it runs with other stuff. The reason I am doing this is because I have the optimized compiler installed on only one machine. I will try np -1.

Ben

> Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 18:07:32 +0900
> From: rwan@kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp
> To: users@open-mpi.org
> Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Compiling ompi for use on another machine
>

> Hi Ben,
>

> ben rodriguez wrote:
> > I have compiled ompi and another program for use on another rhel5/x86_64 machine, after transfering the binaries and setting up environment variables is there anything else I need to do for ompi to run properly? When executing my prog I get:
> > MPI_ABORT was invoked on rank 0 in communicator MPI_COMM_WORLD
> > with errorcode 1.
> >
> > NOTE: invoking MPI_ABORT causes Open MPI to kill all MPI processes.
> > You may or may not see output from other processes, depending on
> > exactly when Open MPI kills them.
>

> Just a few thoughts about your problem...
>
> Are the two machines identical in architecture and RH installation? Is there any reason why you cannot compile on the other machine too? (Sometimes the location of dynamic libraries, etc. changes so I try to make a note to always recompile on each machine.) Are you having problems running your program on each node individually first? If not, you might try that first (i.e., with "--np 1").
>
> Ray

Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for HotmailŪ. See how.