Ralph,

How does OpenMPI pick up the map between physical vs. logical processors? Does OMPI look into "/sys/devices/system/node/node<id> for the cpu topology?

Thanks,
Mi Yan
Inactive hide details for Ralph Castain <rhc@lanl.gov>Ralph Castain <rhc@lanl.gov>

          Ralph Castain <rhc@lanl.gov>
          Sent by: users-bounces@open-mpi.org

          08/22/2008 09:16 AM
          Please respond to
          Open MPI Users <users@open-mpi.org>

Open MPI Users <users@open-mpi.org>

cc

Subject

Re: [OMPI users] problem when mpi_paffinity_alone is set to 1

Okay, I'll look into it. I suspect the problem is due to the
redefinition of the paffinity API to clarify physical vs logical
processors - more than likely, the maffinity interface suffers from
the same problem we had to correct over there.

We'll report back later with an estimate of how quickly this can be
fixed.

Thanks
Ralph