I have

mpic++-wrapper-data.txt
mpicc-wrapper-data.txt
mpicxx-wrapper-data.txt
mpif77-wrapper-data.txt
mpif90-wrapper-data.txt

And for the grep:
mpic++-wrapper-data.txt:required_file=
mpicc-wrapper-data.txt:required_file=
mpicxx-wrapper-data.txt:required_file=
mpif77-wrapper-data.txt:required_file=
mpif90-wrapper-data.txt:required_file=

I tend to believe there is a problem with my path or some other environment variable I am not setting, and there is confusion between the openmpi I built and the one apple installs. Besides the PATH are there any other environment variables I need to set?

Thanks,
Greg


On 6/17/08 7:08 AM, "Jeff Squyres" <jsquyres@cisco.com> wrote:

This is pretty odd.

What files do you see in $prefix/share/openmpi/mpi*txt?

What do you see from:

    grep required_file $prefix/share/openmpi/mpi*txt



On Jun 16, 2008, at 2:12 PM, Weirs, V Gregory wrote:

>
> Dave Gunter:
>
> According to ./configure —help, by default  —enable-mpi-f77 and —
> enable-mpi-f90 are set. Also, ompi_info (see output in run_output in
> the tarball) seems to indicate they are there. I rebuilt with them
> just to be sure, and got the same results.
>
>
> Doug Reeder:
> In my run_output file, you can see results of ‘which mpif77’ that
> shows I am using the version I built. (current is a symlink to 1.2.6-
> gcc4.0). In any case, I get the same results with the absolute path /
> usr/local/openmpi/1.2.6-4.0/bin/mpif77.
>
>
> Thanks,
> Greg
>
>
> On 6/16/08 11:04 AM, "users-request@open-mpi.org" <users-request@open-mpi.org
> > wrote:
>
> Send users mailing list submissions to
>         users@open-mpi.org
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>         http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/users
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>         users-request@open-mpi.org
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>         users-owner@open-mpi.org
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of users digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Re: gfortran bindings apparently not built on mac os
> leopard
>       (David Gunter)
>    2. Re: gfortran bindings apparently not built on mac os
> leopard
>       (Doug Reeder)
>    3. Re: gfortran bindings apparently not built on mac os
> leopard
>       (Doug Reeder)
>    4. help me please, about Open MPI (Tony Smith)
>    5. Re: help me please, about Open MPI (Andreas Sch?fer)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 10:37:22 -0600
> From: David Gunter <dog@lanl.gov>
> Subject: Re: [OMPI users] gfortran bindings apparently not built on
>         mac os  leopard
> To: Open MPI Users <users@open-mpi.org>
> Message-ID: <4683C284-4FEF-45CA-A2BC-8BE91A439485@lanl.gov>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1252"; Format="flowed";
>         DelSp="yes"
>
> I believe you still must add "--enable-f77" and "--enable-f90" to the
> OMPI configure line in addition to setting the FC and F77 env
> variables.
>
> -david
> --
> David Gunter
> HPC-3: Parallel Tools Team
> Los Alamos National Laboratory
>
> On Jun 16, 2008, at 10:25 AM, Weirs, V Gregory wrote:
>
> >
> >
> > I am having trouble building mpif77/mpif90 with gfortran on Mac OS
> > 10.5. Or maybe just running. The configure, make all, and make
> > install seemed to go just fine, finding my gfortran and apparently
> > using it, but the scripts mpif77 and mpif90 give the error that my
> > openmpi was not built with fortran bindings. Mpicc and mpicxx don?t
> > give this error.  Ompi_info says the f77 and f90 bindings were
> built.
> >
> > I know that OS X 10.5 comes with openmpi mpicc and mpicxx installed,
> > but not fortran bindings, and I was careful to put the openmpi I
> > built first in the path.
> >
> > Some run output (mpif77 ?version, ompi_info), config.log,
> > configure.log, make.out, make-install.out are in the attached
> tarball.
> >
> > Any clues?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Greg
> >
> >
> > --
> > V. Gregory Weirs
> > Sandia National Laboratories                vgweirs@sandia.gov
> > P.O.Box 5800, MS 0378                        phone: 505 845 2032
> > Albuquerque, NM 87185-0378              fax: 505 284 0154
> > <dig.tar.gz>_______________________________________________
> > users mailing list
> > users@open-mpi.org
> > http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/users
>
> -------------- next part --------------
> HTML attachment scrubbed and removed
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 09:32:21 -0700
> From: Doug Reeder <dlr@rain.org>
> Subject: Re: [OMPI users] gfortran bindings apparently not built on
>         mac os  leopard
> To: Open MPI Users <users@open-mpi.org>
> Message-ID: <5047581C-F2E2-473B-8576-3E11F0D54DEA@rain.org>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1252"; Format="flowed";
>         DelSp="yes"
>
> Greg,
>
> If you use the absolute path names to run your mpif77 and mpif90 what
> output do you get. In spite of the results from which mpif77, the
> outputs from mpif77 and mpif90 look suspiciously like the outputs
> from the apple supplied versions in /usr/bin.
>
> Doug Reeder
> On Jun 16, 2008, at 9:25 AM, Weirs, V Gregory wrote:
>
> >
> >
> > I am having trouble building mpif77/mpif90 with gfortran on Mac OS
> > 10.5. Or maybe just running. The configure, make all, and make
> > install seemed to go just fine, finding my gfortran and apparently
> > using it, but the scripts mpif77 and mpif90 give the error that my
> > openmpi was not built with fortran bindings. Mpicc and mpicxx don?t
> > give this error.  Ompi_info says the f77 and f90 bindings were
> built.
> >
> > I know that OS X 10.5 comes with openmpi mpicc and mpicxx
> > installed, but not fortran bindings, and I was careful to put the
> > openmpi I built first in the path.
> >
> > Some run output (mpif77 ?version, ompi_info), config.log,
> > configure.log, make.out, make-install.out are in the attached
> tarball.
> >
> > Any clues?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Greg
> >
> >
> > --
> > V. Gregory Weirs
> > Sandia National Laboratories                vgweirs@sandia.gov
> > P.O.Box 5800, MS 0378                        phone: 505 845 2032
> > Albuquerque, NM 87185-0378              fax: 505 284 0154
> > <dig.tar.gz>
> > _______________________________________________
> > users mailing list
> > users@open-mpi.org
> > http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/users
>
> -------------- next part --------------
> HTML attachment scrubbed and removed
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 09:42:55 -0700
> From: Doug Reeder <dlr@rain.org>
> Subject: Re: [OMPI users] gfortran bindings apparently not built on
>         mac os  leopard
> To: Open MPI Users <users@open-mpi.org>
> Message-ID: <08B5C06D-8B64-4189-ADAE-E9FBE6BE567F@rain.org>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1252"; Format="flowed";
>         DelSp="yes"
>
> Greg,
>
> In your run_output file you don't appear to be using the openmpi
> versions that you built. From your make-install.out file it looks
> like your versions are in /usr/local/openmpi/1.2.6-gcc4.0/bin. You
> need to use that absolute path or prepend that path to your PATH
> environment variable.
>
> Doug Reeder
> On Jun 16, 2008, at 9:25 AM, Weirs, V Gregory wrote:
>
> >
> >
> > I am having trouble building mpif77/mpif90 with gfortran on Mac OS
> > 10.5. Or maybe just running. The configure, make all, and make
> > install seemed to go just fine, finding my gfortran and apparently
> > using it, but the scripts mpif77 and mpif90 give the error that my
> > openmpi was not built with fortran bindings. Mpicc and mpicxx don?t
> > give this error.  Ompi_info says the f77 and f90 bindings were
> built.
> >
> > I know that OS X 10.5 comes with openmpi mpicc and mpicxx
> > installed, but not fortran bindings, and I was careful to put the
> > openmpi I built first in the path.
> >
> > Some run output (mpif77 ?version, ompi_info), config.log,
> > configure.log, make.out, make-install.out are in the attached
> tarball.
> >
> > Any clues?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Greg
> >
> >
> > --
> > V. Gregory Weirs
> > Sandia National Laboratories                vgweirs@sandia.gov
> > P.O.Box 5800, MS 0378                        phone: 505 845 2032
> > Albuquerque, NM 87185-0378              fax: 505 284 0154
> > <dig.tar.gz>
> > _______________________________________________
> > users mailing list
> > users@open-mpi.org
> > http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/users
>
> -------------- next part --------------
> HTML attachment scrubbed and removed
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 12:51:31 -0400
> From: Tony Smith <dtustudy8@hotmail.com>
> Subject: [OMPI users] help me please, about Open MPI
> To: <users@open-mpi.org>
> Message-ID: <BAY104-W32BC5D00DA99730856FD48FDA90@phx.gbl>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1252"
>
>
>
>
>
> Dear Sir:
>
>
>
> I am trying to install Open MPI on a cluster that has been installed
> with mpich-
>
> gm  MPI.
>
>
>
> I have followed the steps on your website.
>
> I can compile and run the Hello_c application correctly.
>
>
>
> But, how can I make sure that the application is run by Open MPI not
> by mpich-
>
> gm MPI ?
>
>
>
> I have changed PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH:
>
>
>
> I deleted /opt/mpich-gm/bin from PATH and added
>
> /ptmp/myname/openmpi123/ompi123_install/bin/ into PATH.
>
>
>
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/ptmp/myname/openmpi123/ompi123_install/lib
>
>
>
> And then, I got
>
>
>
> -bash-3.00$ which mpirun
> /ptmp/myname/openmpi123/ompi123_install/bin/mpirun
>
>
>
> In my job script , I used
>
>
>
> "time mpirun -np 16  /ptmp/jxding/openmpi123/openmpi-1.2.3/examples/
> hello_c"
>
> Then I added "which mpirun" in my job script, and then submited my
> job to the
> cluster , I got :
> ====================================
>
> /opt/mpich-gm/bin/mpirun
> Hello, world, I am 0 of 1
> Hello, world, I am 0 of 1
> Hello, world, I am 0 of 1
> Hello, world, I am 0 of 1
> Hello, world, I am 0 of 1
> Hello, world, I am 0 of 1
> Hello, world, I am 0 of 1
> Hello, world, I am 0 of 1
> Hello, world, I am 0 of 1
> Hello, world, I am 0 of 1
> Hello, world, I am 0 of 1
> Hello, world, I am 0 of 1
> Hello, world, I am 0 of 1
> Hello, world, I am 0 of 1
> Hello, world, I am 0 of 1
> Hello, world, I am 0 of 1
> 0.117u 0.165s 0:09.54 2.8%      0+0k 0+0io 0pf+0w
>
> ====================================
>
> So , it means that the application is still using MPICH-GM not Open
> MPI.
>
> Would you please help me with that ?
>
>
> thanks,
>
>
>
> Tony
>
>
>
> June 16  2008
> _________________________________________________________________
> Now you can invite friends from Facebook and other groups to join
> you on Windows Live? Messenger. Add now.
> https://www.invite2messenger.net/im/?source=TXT_EML_WLH_AddNow_Now
> -------------- next part --------------
> HTML attachment scrubbed and removed
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 19:05:06 +0200
> From: Andreas Sch?fer <gentryx@gmx.de>
> Subject: Re: [OMPI users] help me please, about Open MPI
> To: Open MPI Users <users@open-mpi.org>
> Message-ID: <20080616170506.GB7069@hex.inf-ra.uni-jena.de>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> Dear Mister Smith,
>
> Thank you for installing Open MPI.
>
> On 12:51 Mon 16 Jun     , Tony Smith wrote:
> > I have changed PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH:
>
> Please be aware that you have to make those changes within your job
> script. Otherwise they will only affect your local shell.
>
> > But, how can I make sure that the application is run by Open MPI
> not by mpich-
>
> You could enforce a certain mpirun by using its absolute path, e.g
> "/ptmp/myname/openmpi123/ompi123_install/bin/mpirun foo" instead of
> just "mpirun foo".
>
> > I deleted /opt/mpich-gm/bin from PATH and added
>
> You should not need to delete, just add in front of MPICH.
>
> > Would you please help me with that ?
>
> I utterly hope I just did.
>
> Most sincerely yours ;-)
> -Andreas
>
>
> --
> ============================================
> Andreas Sch?fer
> Cluster and Metacomputing Working Group
> Friedrich-Schiller-Universit?t Jena, Germany
> PGP/GPG key via keyserver
> I'm a bright... http://www.the-brights.net
> ============================================
>
> (\___/)
> (+'.'+)
> (")_(")
> This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
> signature to help him gain world domination!
> -------------- next part --------------
> A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
> Name: not available
> Type: application/pgp-signature
> Size: 197 bytes
> Desc: not available
> URL: <http://www.open-mpi.org/MailArchives/users/attachments/20080616/ab34ce85/attachment.bin
> >
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> users@open-mpi.org
> http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/users
>
> End of users Digest, Vol 923, Issue 4
> *************************************
>
>
>
>
> --
> V. Gregory Weirs
> Sandia National Laboratories                vgweirs@sandia.gov
> P.O.Box 5800, MS 0378                        phone: 505 845 2032
> Albuquerque, NM 87185-0378              fax: 505 284 0154
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> users@open-mpi.org
> http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/users


--
Jeff Squyres
Cisco Systems


_______________________________________________
users mailing list
users@open-mpi.org
http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/users




--
V. Gregory Weirs
Sandia National Laboratories                vgweirs@sandia.gov
P.O.Box 5800, MS 0378                        phone: 505 845 2032
Albuquerque, NM 87185-0378              fax: 505 284 0154