Haha, yeah we found out about that one when trying to run Linpack with threaded BLAS implementations.

On the MPI-2 note, anyone running MATLAB and the parallel toolkit under Open MPI? They are unreasonably obscure about what MPI they need although I do believe they need MPI-2 functions.

If it will work with Open MPI, and is not a nightmare to set up, I may try it as some of my users would be elated. If there are excessive problems, I may opt for SciLab which is supposed to be an "equivalent" and open source.

Jeff F. Pummill
Senior Linux Cluster Administrator
University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, Arkansas 72701
(479) 575 - 4590
http://hpc.uark.edu

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and
practice.
But in practice, there is!" -- anonymous

Brian Budge wrote:
One small (or to some, not so small) note is that full multi-threading with OpenMPI is very unlikely to work with infiniband right now.

  Brian

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 6:24 AM, Michael <mklus@ieee.org> wrote:
Quick answer, till you get a complete answer, Yes, OpenMPI has long
supported most of the MPI-2 features.

Michael