Ben,

The netcdf/4.1.3 module maybe loading the openmpi/1.4.4 module. Can you do module show the netcdf module file to to see if there is a module load openmpi command.

Doug Reeder
On May 21, 2014, at 12:23 PM, Ben Lash <bl10@rice.edu> wrote:

I just wanted to follow up for anyone else who got a similar problem - module load netcdf/4.1.3 *also* loaded openmpi/1.4.4. Don't ask me why. My code doesn't seem to fail as gracefully but otherwise works now. Thanks.

On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 6:02 AM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) <jsquyres@cisco.com> wrote:
Ditto -- Lmod looks pretty cool.  Thanks for the heads up.

On May 16, 2014, at 6:23 PM, Douglas L Reeder <dlr1@centurylink.net> wrote:

> Maxime,
>
> I was unaware of Lmod. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
>
> Doug
> On May 16, 2014, at 4:07 PM, Maxime Boissonneault <maxime.boissonneault@calculquebec.ca> wrote:
>
>> Instead of using the outdated and not maintained Module environment, why not use Lmod : https://www.tacc.utexas.edu/tacc-projects/lmod
>>
>> It is a drop-in replacement for Module environment that supports all of their features and much, much more, such as :
>> - module hierarchies
>> - module properties and color highlighting (we use it to higlight bioinformatic modules or tools for example)
>> - module caching (very useful for a parallel filesystem with tons of modules)
>> - path priorities (useful to make sure personal modules take precendence over system modules)
>> - export module tree to json
>>
>> It works like a charm, understand both TCL and Lua modules and is actively developped and debugged. There are litteraly new features every month or so. If it does not do what you want, odds are that the developper will add it shortly (I've had it happen).
>>
>> Maxime
>>
>> Le 2014-05-16 17:58, Douglas L Reeder a écrit :
>>> Ben,
>>>
>>> You might want to use module (source forge) to manage paths to different mpi implementations. It is fairly easy to set up and very robust for this type of problem. You would remove contentious application paths from you standard PATH and then use module to switch them in and out as needed.
>>>
>>> Doug Reeder

>> --

jsquyres@cisco.com

--Ben L