Hi Reuti,

sorry but I don't know the details of the issue. But although the error is reported as pgc++ not being link compatible to pgcc by OpenMPI configure the error in the config.log is a complier error. So I don't think that this is a linking issue.

> When I get it right, it should be a feature of `pgc++` to be link compatible with `gcc`, while `pgcpp` links with `pgcc` objects.

To my understanding C compliers like gcc and pgcc do not have the linking issues that C++ compliers have they simply follow the ABI of the OS and do not have name mangling issues. So most C compliers are link compatible. And you can link C code from C++. The C++ compiler just needs to know that something C and not C++ is used (extern "C" is used for this).
Because of function overloading, Templates and maybe other things, I am not aware of, C++ needs name mangling to encode these information. And here pgcpp and pgc++ implement different ABI's and name mangling schemes. pgc++ implements the same ABI as g++ and thus is link compatible with g++. On the other hand pgcpp implements its own ABI and is compatible with itself.

Jiri

Sent from my Nexus 7, I apologize for spelling errors and auto correction typos.