Ha - needed to read one email further down :-)

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 10, 2013, at 3:03 AM, caohaijun <amao.chj@gmail.com> wrote:

I got it. Thank you very much.

Best,
Jimmy

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 5:02 PM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) <jsquyres@cisco.com> wrote:
Note that Open MPI hard-codes its installation directory into some of its libraries and executables (so that it can find its data files, etc.).  So we don't support relocatable RPMs, in the RPM sense of the word "relocatable".

You can, however, override OMPI's hard-coded installation location with various environment variables, however.  See http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=building#installdirs.

On Sep 10, 2013, at 5:02 AM, caohaijun <amao.chj@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> How to build a relocatable OpenMPI RPM ?
>
> I just use the following command to build a OpenMPI RPM from SRPM.
> rpmbuild --rebuild --define 'configure_options --with-devel-headers' openmpi-1.7.2-1.src.rpm
>
> It can successfully build the RPM. After installing with 'rpm -ivh --prefix=/somewhere  openmpi-1.7.2-1.x86_64.rpm',  I tried to run a MPI job, and then got:
>
> # mpirun -bynode -hostfile ./hostfile -np 40 ./mpi/hello

> Sorry!  You were supposed to get help about:
>
>     opal_init:startup:internal-failure
>
> But I couldn't open the help file:
>
>     /usr/share/openmpi/help-opal-runtime.txt: No such file or directory.  Sorry!

> Sorry!  You were supposed to get help about:
>
>     orte_init:startup:internal-failure
>
> But I couldn't open the help file:
>
>     /usr/share/openmpi/help-orte-runtime: No such file or directory.  Sorry!

> It seems the directory 'share'  is supposed to be under /usr.
>
> Anyone can help me?
>
> --
>    Best Regards!
>
>             Jimmy Haijun Cao   (曹海军)