If I understand correctly the communication parroter is a one-to-all type of communication isn't it (from your server to your clients)? In this case this might be a credit management issue, where the master is running out of ack buffers and the clients can't acknowledge the retrieval of the data.

Let's try to add "--mca btl_openib_flags 9" to the mpirun command (this disable the RMA communication and forces everything to have a pure send/recv semantics).

  George.

On Jun 27, 2013, at 15:01 , Ed Blosch <eblosch@1scom.net> wrote:

It ran a bit longer but still deadlocked.  All matching sends are posted 1:1with posted recvs so it is a delivery issue of some kind.  I'm running a debug compiled version tonight to see what that might turn up.  I may try to rewrite with blocking sends and see if that works.  I can also try adding a barrier (irecvs, barrier, isends, waitall) to make sure sends are not buffering waiting for recvs to be posted.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S III, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: George Bosilca <bosilca@icl.utk.edu>
To: Open MPI Users <users@open-mpi.org>
Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Application hangs on mpi_waitall

Ed,

Im not sure but there might be a case where the BTL is getting overwhelmed by the nob-blocking operations while trying to setup the connection. There is a simple test for this. Add an MPI_Alltoall with a reasonable size (100k) before you start posting the non-blocking receives, and let's see if this solves your issue.

  George.