Dear all that help me thanks to everyone.
I compiled open MPI with all yours advices posted but the error is always the same I'm also able to run the examples found with the package.
but really I don't know what can I do to solve the problem.
I trust in you to help me.
Dearly Lorenzo.

Il giorno 20/giu/2013, alle ore 06.33, Ralph Castain ha scritto:

Been trying to decipher this problem, and think maybe I'm beginning to understand it. Just to clarify:

* when you execute "hostname", you get the <name>.local response?

* you somewhere have it setup so that 10.x.x.x resolves to <name>, with no ".local" extension?

Correct?

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 1:17 PM, Riccardo Murri <riccardo.murri@uzh.ch> wrote:
On 19 June 2013 20:42, Ralph Castain <rhc@open-mpi.org> wrote:
> I'm assuming that the offending host has some other address besides
> just 127.0.1.1 as otherwise it couldn't connect to anything.

Yes, it has an IP on some 10.x.x.x network.

> I'm heading out the door for a couple of weeks, but can try to look at it when I return.

We have a workaround (just create the hostfile using FQDNs -- actually
FQDNs or UQDNS depending on what `uname -n` returns), so it's
definitely not urgent for us.  But if you think it's a bug worth
fixing, I can provide details and/or test code.

Thanks,
Riccardo