From: Ralph Castain <rhc@open-mpi.org>
To: Edge Edge <edge_diners@yahoo.com>; Open MPI Users <users@open-mpi.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2012 12:42 AM
Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Open-mpi running issue and bug

What version of OMPI are you using? How was it configured?

On Dec 28, 2012, at 2:16 AM, Edge Edge <edge_diners@yahoo.com> wrote:

Currently I was trying to run mpirun to improve the performance of my running.
However it keeps on showing the following bug:

It looks like opal_init failed for some reason; your parallel process is
likely to abort.  There are many reasons that a parallel process can
fail during opal_init; some of which are due to configuration or
environment problems.  This failure appears to be an internal failure;
here's some additional information (which may only be relevant to an
Open MPI developer):

  opal_shmem_base_select failed
  --> Returned value -1 instead of OPAL_SUCCESS
[home:07059] [[INVALID],INVALID] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Error in file runtime/orte_init.c at line 79
[home:07059] [[INVALID],INVALID] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Error in file orterun.c at line 694
make: *** [sample-1.fa] Error 255

Can I know how to solve this bug?
I got try to google around but I still fail to find related answer.

Below is the spec of my server:
Linux home 2.6.32-71.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Sep 1 01:33:01 EDT 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Hope it is useful for you in order to solve the bug.

best regards

users mailing list