You're getting that error because you failed to specify any hosts on your cmd line - so OMPI has no idea where to launch the procs. It looked for a default hostfile, but didn't find that either.

Just add a -host <hostname> option to your command line and tell it where you want the procs to run.

On Jun 19, 2012, at 10:53 AM, <VimalMathew@Eaton.com> wrote:

Damien, Shiqing, Jeff?

--
Vimal

From: users-bounces@open-mpi.org [mailto:users-bounces@open-mpi.org] On Behalf Of VimalMathew@eaton.com
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2012 3:32 PM
To: users@open-mpi.org
Subject: [OMPI users] Using OpenMPI on a network

So I configured and compiled a simple MPI program.
Now the issue is when I try to do the same thing on my computer on a corporate network, I get this error:

C:\OpenMPI\openmpi-1.6\installed\bin>mpiexec MPI_Tutorial_1.exe
Open RTE was unable to open the hostfile:
    C:\OpenMPI\openmpi-1.6\installed\bin/../etc/openmpi-default-hostfile
Check to make sure the path and filename are correct.
[SOUMIWHP5003567:01884] [[37936,0],0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Not found in file C:\OpenM
PI\openmpi-1.6\orte\mca\ras\base\ras_base_allocate.c at line 200
[SOUMIWHP5003567:01884] [[37936,0],0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Not found in file C:\OpenM
PI\openmpi-1.6\orte\mca\plm\base\plm_base_launch_support.c at line 99
[SOUMIWHP5003567:01884] [[37936,0],0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Not found in file C:\OpenM
PI\openmpi-1.6\orte\mca\plm\process\plm_process_module.c at line 996

What network settings should I be using? Iím sure this is because of the network because when I unplug the network cable, I get the error message I got below.

Thanks,
Vimal