Do you always run in root? If not your root bash file may not have the correct path settings, but that is a shot in the dark..

From: [] on behalf of seshendra seshu []
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 9:16 AM
To: Open MPI Users
Subject: [OMPI users] regarding the problem occurred while running an mpi programs

I have got the following error while running mpi programs

Here for running an mpi program i used hostfile which specifies all the nodes in my cluster and out is my output file generated after "mpicc -o out basic.c". then i have got the following error.

[root@ip-10-80-106-70 openmpi-1.4.5]# mpirun --hostfile hostfile out
out: error while loading shared libraries: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
mpirun was unable to launch the specified application as it could not find an executable:

Executable: out

while attempting to start process rank 1.

so kindly provide me  solution iam lagging of time.