From: Ralph Castain [mailto:rhc.openmpi@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Ralph Castain
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 2:11 PM
To: james.torossian@essetek.com; Open MPI Users
Subject: Re: [OMPI users] O-MPI Support for Windows 7

Afraid I'm no OpenSSH expert, but it sounds like there is an issue with its configuration. Check out the OpenSSH config options to see if something fits.

I did a quick search and found this, as an example:

http://mah.everybody.org/docs/ssh

Note the need to run ssh-agent to cache login credentials.

On Feb 6, 2012, at 5:05 PM, James Torossian wrote:

Hi all,

I am trying to setup Open-MPI across two Windows 7 machines with UAC disabled ……

Cygwin with OpenSSH is installed, and I can successfully ssh to each machine without entry of username and password:

JimT@JimT-PC ~

$ ssh NanoOneQuad

Last login: Tue Feb  7 01:42:02 2012 from jimt-pc

JimT@NanoOneQuad ~

$

Regardless of this, mpirun insists on asking for a username and password; then asks to save credentials, but if selected, responds with not implemented. If saving credentials is not selected, then I can see that the task starts on the other machine (in task manager) and that the task runs to completion OK:

JimT@JimT-PC ~

$ mpirun -H NanoOneQuad ipconfig.exe

connecting to NanoOneQuad

username:JimT

password:**************

Save Credential?(Y/N) y

[JimT-PC:03784] This feature hasn't been implemented yet.

JimT@JimT-PC ~

$ mpirun -H NanoOneQuad ipconfig.exe

connecting to NanoOneQuad

username:JimT

Save Credential?(Y/N) n

JimT@JimT-PC ~

$

Please let me know what I have missed. I have gone through the FAQs and have rebuilt the windows version but can’t seem to get past this.

Thanks and best regards,

Jim