Hi George,

Thanks for your prompt reply, it is much appreciated. In response to your questions:

Yes, I can execute ipconfig.exe through ssh without having to provide a username or password (both in an ssh session and the command line).

I have run hostname as requested (the hostname is not returned but the process launches on the remote machine and terminates) …..

JimT@JimT-PC ~

$ ssh NanoOneQuad

Last login: Tue Feb  7 19:35:14 2012 from jimt-pc

JimT@NanoOneQuad ~

$ hostname

NanoOneQuad

JimT@NanoOneQuad ~

$ exit

logout

Connection to NanoOneQuad closed.

JimT@JimT-PC ~

$ ssh NanoOneQuad hostname

NanoOneQuad

JimT@JimT-PC ~

$ mpirun -H NanoOneQuad hostname.exe

connecting to NanoOneQuad

username:JimT

Save Credential?(Y/N) n

JimT@JimT-PC ~

$

Please let me know any ideas you may have.

Thanks again,

Jim