ompi_info should tell you the current version of Open MPI your path is pointing to.
Are you sure your path is pointing to the area that the OpenFOAM package delivered Open MPI into?

--td
On 1/27/2012 5:02 AM, Brett Tully wrote:
Interesting. In the same set of updates, I installed OpenFOAM from their Ubuntu deb package and it claims to ship with openmpi. I just downloaded their Third-party source tar and unzipped it to see what version of openmpi they are using, and it is 1.5.3. However, when I do man openmpi, or ompi_info, I get the same version as before (1.4.3). How do I determine for sure what is being included when I compile something using mpicc?

Thanks,
Brett.

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 10:05 PM, Jeff Squyres <jsquyres@cisco.com> wrote:
What version did you upgrade to?  (we don't control the Ubuntu packaging)

I see a bullet in the soon-to-be-released 1.4.5 release notes:

- Fix obscure cases where MPI_ALLGATHER could crash.  Thanks to Andrew
 Senin for reporting the problem.

But that would be surprising if this is what fixed your issue, especially since it's not released yet.  :-)

On Jan 26, 2012, at 5:24 AM, Brett Tully wrote:

> As of two days ago, this problem has disappeared and the tests that I had written and run each night are now passing. Having looked through the update log of my machine (Ubuntu 11.10) it appears as though I got a new version of mpi-default-dev (0.6ubuntu1). I would like to understand this problem in more detail -- is it possible to see what changed in this update?
> Thanks,
> Brett.
>

> On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 6:43 PM, teng ma <tma@eecs.utk.edu> wrote:
> I guess your output is from different ranks.   YOu can add rank infor inside print to tell like follows:
>
> (void) printf("rank %d: gathered[%d].node = %d\n", rank, i, gathered[i].node);
>
> From my side, I did not see anything wrong from your code in Open MPI 1.4.3. after I add rank, the output is
> rank 5: gathered[0].node = 0
> rank 5: gathered[1].node = 1
> rank 5: gathered[2].node = 2
> rank 5: gathered[3].node = 3
> rank 5: gathered[4].node = 4
> rank 5: gathered[5].node = 5
> rank 3: gathered[0].node = 0
> rank 3: gathered[1].node = 1
> rank 3: gathered[2].node = 2
> rank 3: gathered[3].node = 3
> rank 3: gathered[4].node = 4
> rank 3: gathered[5].node = 5
> rank 1: gathered[0].node = 0
> rank 1: gathered[1].node = 1
> rank 1: gathered[2].node = 2
> rank 1: gathered[3].node = 3
> rank 1: gathered[4].node = 4
> rank 1: gathered[5].node = 5
> rank 0: gathered[0].node = 0
> rank 0: gathered[1].node = 1
> rank 0: gathered[2].node = 2
> rank 0: gathered[3].node = 3
> rank 0: gathered[4].node = 4
> rank 0: gathered[5].node = 5
> rank 4: gathered[0].node = 0
> rank 4: gathered[1].node = 1
> rank 4: gathered[2].node = 2
> rank 4: gathered[3].node = 3
> rank 4: gathered[4].node = 4
> rank 4: gathered[5].node = 5
> rank 2: gathered[0].node = 0
> rank 2: gathered[1].node = 1
> rank 2: gathered[2].node = 2
> rank 2: gathered[3].node = 3
> rank 2: gathered[4].node = 4
> rank 2: gathered[5].node = 5
>
> Is that what you expected?
>
> On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 12:03 PM, Brett Tully <brett.tully@oxyntix.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have not used OpenMPI much before, but am maintaining a large legacy application. We noticed a bug to do with a call to MPI_Allgather as summarised in this post to Stackoverflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8445398/mpi-allgather-produces-inconsistent-results
>
> In the process of looking further into the problem, I noticed that the following function results in strange behaviour.
>
> void test_all_gather() {
>
>     struct _TEST_ALL_GATHER {
>         int node;
>     };
>
>     int ierr, size, rank;
>     ierr = MPI_Comm_size(MPI_COMM_WORLD, &size);
> [...]

jsquyres@cisco.com
For corporate legal information go to:

Developer Tools Engineering | +1.781.442.2631
Oracle - Performance Technologies
95 Network Drive, Burlington, MA 01803
Email terry.dontje@oracle.com