Yeah, and I'm wrong too, InterlockedCompareExchange64 is available on 32-bit.  I think this is one for Shiqing.

You could build OpenMPI yourself if you have VS2008.  It's pretty easy to do.

Damien

On 24/06/2011 1:51 PM, Jeffrey A Cummings wrote:
Damien -

I'm using the 32 bit version of OpenMPI.  I think the 64 refers to the size of integer that the function works on, not the operating system version.  I didn't have this problem with VS 2008, so I think they've changed something in VS 2010.  I just don't know how to fix it.

- Jeff

From:        Damien <damien@khubla.com>
To:        Open MPI Users <users@open-mpi.org>
Date:        06/24/2011 02:35 PM
Subject:        Re: [OMPI users] Problem with prebuilt ver 1.5.3 for windows
Sent by:        users-bounces@open-mpi.org

Jeff,

InterlockedCompareExchange64 is a 64-bit-only instruction.  Are you running XP 32-bit (I think you are b/c I don't think there was a XP64 SP3...).  You need the 32-bit OpenMPI version.  If you are running a 64-bit OS, but building a 32-bit executable, that instruction isn't available in 32-bit and you still need to link with 32-bit OpenMPI.

Damien

On 24/06/2011 12:16 PM, Jeffrey A Cummings wrote:

I'm having a problem using the prebuilt Windows version 1.5.3 with my app built with MS VisualStudio 2010.  I get an error message (for each node) that says: "The procedure entry point InterlockedCompareExchange64 could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll".  I'm running Windows XP, sp 3.

- Jeff Cummings