From: rhc@open-mpi.org
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 08:09:17 -0600
To: users@open-mpi.org
Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OMPI monitor each process behavior

What version are you using? If you are using 1.5.x, there is an "orte-top" command that will do what you ask. It queries the daemons to get the info.

On Apr 12, 2011, at 9:55 PM, Jack Bryan wrote:

Hi , All:

I need to monitor the memory usage of each parallel process on a linux Open MPI cluster.

But, top, ps command cannot help here because they only show the head node information.

I need to follow the behavior of each process on each cluster node.

I cannot use ssh to access each node.

The program takes 8 hours to finish.

Any help is really appreciated.

Jack