I’m afraid that the current comm_spawn system really can’t run unless started via mpirun. I’m going to take a shot at fixing it in the near future and can let you know when that is accomplished, but it might take a little while before I get the time.

Ralph

On 7/11/06 4:26 PM, "s anwar" <sanwar@gmail.com> wrote:

Jeff:

I've tried my application with MPICH2 and OpenMPI only. The readline stuff works in OpenMPI as long as I don't start my application with mpirun. It does not work in MPICH2 irrespective of whether I start my application with mpirun or not.

My application starts on a workstation and spawns slave processes on cluster nodes. The application provides an interactive command shell and provides some GUI functionality using X.

Do you know how bad is the MPI_Comm_spawn issue if I don't start my application via an mpirun?

Thanks.
Saadat.

On 7/11/06, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) <jsquyres@cisco.com> wrote:
Sorry for not replying earlier.

It is likely that Open MPI won't work properly in this situation -- Open MPI provides basic I/O forwarding.  I don't know if curses-based or readline-based applications will work through our forwarding.

Do you know if this application works with other MPI implementations?