On 04/05/2011 07:37 AM, SLIM H.A. wrote:

Hi Terry

I think the problem may have been caused now by our lustre file system being sick, so I'll wait until that is fixed.

It worked outside gridengine but I think I did not include --mca btl self,sm,ib or the corresponding environment variables with gridengine, although it usually finds the fastest interconnect.

>I've seen this when either OPAL_PREFIX or LD_LIBRARY_PATH not being set up correctly.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set correctly but where is OPAL_PREFIX set?

OPAL_PREFIX should be set to the base directory of where OMPI is installed.  In theory it should not need to be set if configure's prefix option is the same place you installed OMPI.  I think it is only when you've moved the OMPI installation bits somewhere that doesn't corresponds to the configure prefix option.

Of course the same is similarly true with LD_LIBRARY_PATH that you really shouldn't need to set that in your scripts/shell if you've compiled the programs such that the Rpath is correctly passed to the linker.

--td

Thanks

Henk