Can you update to a more recent version? That version is several years out-of-date - we don't even really support it any more.

On Mar 26, 2011, at 1:04 PM, Michele Marena wrote:

Yes, the syntax is wrong in the email, but I write it correctly when I launch mpirun. When some communicating processes are on the same node the application don't terminate, otherwise the application terminate and its results are correct. My OpenMPI version is 1.2.7.

2011/3/26 Ralph Castain <rhc@open-mpi.org>

On Mar 26, 2011, at 11:34 AM, Michele Marena wrote:

> Hi,
> I've a problem with shared memory. When my application runs using pure message passing (one process for node), it terminates and returns correct results. When 2 processes share a node and use shared memory for exchanges messages, my application don't terminate. At shell I write "mpirun -nolocal --mca self,sm,tcp ... (forces interface to eth0)... -np (number of processes) executable arguments".

That's not right. If you want the apps to use shared memory, you don't have to do anything. However, if you do want to specify, then the correct syntax is

mpirun -mca btl self,sm,tcp