You can try running it as suggested here:

http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=running#mpirun-prefix

On Mar 14, 2011, at 12:21 PM, Federico Golfrč Andreasi wrote:

Thank you Jeff,

my fault :( I didn't find that a link of that file was also mentioned in the website page.
I was able to build from the trunk the revision 24472.
But when I try to run my program I still receive the error that Ralph told me is dued to version mismacth.

How can I check which openmpi version my program is running in the remore shell ?

I execute my programs using the command
/home/fandreasi/openmpi-trunk/bin/mpiexec -hostfile ./hostfile -n 12 ./my_bin
And in my .cshrc I've the instruction:
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /home/fandreasi/openmpi-trunk/lib:/home/fandreasi/openmpi-trunk/lib/openmpi

thank you again !
Federico

2011/3/10 Jeff Squyres <jsquyres@cisco.com>
This usually means you didn't install the GNU auto tools properly.

Check the HACKING file in the top-level directory for specific instructions on how to install the Autotools.

On Mar 10, 2011, at 7:50 AM, Federico Golfrč Andreasi wrote:

> Hi Ralph,
>
> I did a chekout of the 22794 revision with svn.
> I've download and installed (with the default configuration) in my /home folder:
> - m4 version 1.4.16
> - autoconf version 2.68
> - automake version 1.11
> - libtool version 2.2.6b
> I've modifyed my CSHRC to export the following:
> setenv PATH /home/fandreasi/m4-1.4.16/bin:/home/fandreasi/autoconf-2.68/bin:/home/fandreasi/automake-1.11/bin:/home/fandreasi/libtool-2.2.6b/bin:$PATH
> setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /home/fandreasi/libtool-2.2.6b/lib
>
> When I do the autogen it return me the error I've attached.
> Can you help me on this ?
>
> Thank you,
> Federico.
>

> Il giorno 05 marzo 2011 19:05, Ralph Castain <rhc@open-mpi.org> ha scritto:
> Hi Federico
>
> I tested the trunk today and it works fine for me - I let it spin for 1000 cycles without issue. My test program is essentially identical to what you describe - you can see it in the orte/test/mpi directory. The "master" is loop_spawn.c, and the "slave" is loop_child.c. I only tested it on a single machine, though - will have to test multi-machine later. You might see if that makes a difference.
>
> The error you report in your attachment is a classic symptom of mismatched versions. Remember, we don't forward your ld_lib_path, so it has to be correct on your remote machine.
>
> As for r22794 - we don't keep anything that old on our web site. If you want to build it, the best way to get the code is to do a subversion checkout of the developer's trunk at that revision level:
>
> svn co -r 22794 http://svn.open-mpi.org/svn/ompi/trunk
>
> Remember to run autogen before configure.
>

> On Mar 4, 2011, at 4:43 AM, Federico Golfrč Andreasi wrote:
>

>> Hi Ralph,
>>
>> I'm getting stuck with spawning stuff,
>>
>> I've downloaded the snapshot from the trunk of 1st of March (openmpi-1.7a1r24472.tar.bz2),
>> I'm testing using a small program that does the following:
>>  - master program starts and each rank prints his hostsname
>>  - master program spawn a slave program with the same size
>>  - each rank of the slave (spawned) program prints his hostname
>>  - end
>> Not always he is able to complete the progam run, two different behaviour:
>>  1. not all the slave print their hostname and the program ends suddenly
>>  2. both program ends correctly but orted demon is still alive and I need to press crtl-c to exit
>>

>> I've tryed to recompile my test program with a previous snapshot (openmpi-1.7a1r22794.tar.bz2)
>> where I have only the compiled version of OpenMPI (in another machine).
>> It gives me an error before starting (I've attacehd)
>> Surfing on the FAQ I found some tip and I verified to compile the program with the correct OpenMPI version,
>> that the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is consistent.
> [...]
jsquyres@cisco.com
For corporate legal information go to: