Usually with this kind of error, more information is shown regarding the failure.  Are there any other failure messages displayed?  Please see http://www.open-mpi.org/community/help/.

Also be aware that "test" is the name of a Unix executable (e.g., /bin/test).  I'm assuming that you're trying to run your own executable named "test" (probably an MPI application).  Once you get Open MPI working, you may want to run "mpirun -np 2 ./test" to ensure that you run the test executable that you intend.

From: users-bounces@open-mpi.org [mailto:users-bounces@open-mpi.org] On Behalf Of usha devi regadi
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2006 6:25 AM
To: users@open-mpi.org
Subject: [OMPI users] run time Error

Dear openmpi users,

I am using openmpi-1.0.2 on Redhat linux. I am not able to succussfully run mpirun in single PC with 2 np.
Can you give me some advices? thank you very much in advance.

$ mpirun -np 2 test

ERROR: A daemon on node wolf46 failed to start as
expected.
ERROR: There may be more information available from
ERROR: the remote shell (see above).
ERROR: The daemon exited unexpectedly with status 1.

Regards
    usha