Usually with this kind of error, more information is shown regarding the failure.  Are there any other failure messages displayed?  Please see
Also be aware that "test" is the name of a Unix executable (e.g., /bin/test).  I'm assuming that you're trying to run your own executable named "test" (probably an MPI application).  Once you get Open MPI working, you may want to run "mpirun -np 2 ./test" to ensure that you run the test executable that you intend.

From: [] On Behalf Of usha devi regadi
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2006 6:25 AM
Subject: [OMPI users] run time Error

Dear openmpi users,

I am using openmpi-1.0.2 on Redhat linux. I am not able to succussfully run mpirun in single PC with 2 np.
Can you give me some advices? thank you very much in advance.

$ mpirun -np 2 test

ERROR: A daemon on node wolf46 failed to start as
ERROR: There may be more information available from
ERROR: the remote shell (see above).
ERROR: The daemon exited unexpectedly with status 1.