From: solarbikedz@gmail.com
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 13:17:27 -0700
To: users@open-mpi.org
Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Open MPI, cannot get the results from workers

how does the master receive results from the workers? if a worker is sending multiple task results, how does the master knows what the message tags are ahead of time?

On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Jack Bryan <dtustudy68@hotmail.com> wrote:
Dear All :

I designed a master-worker framework, in which the master can schedule
multiple tasks (numTaskPerWorkerNode) to each worker and then collects results from workers.

if the numTaskPerWorkerNode = 1, it works well.

But, if numTaskPerWorkerNode > 1, the master cannot get the results from workers.

But, the workers can get the tasks from master.

why ?

I have used different taskTag to distinguish the tasks, but still does not work.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jack

July 4  2010