From: jiangzuoyan@gmail.com
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 11:55:32 +0800
To: users@open-mpi.org
Subject: Re: [OMPI users] openMPI asychronous communication

OK, then i think you also know using MPI_Wait to wait the asynchronous requests to complete. if sender works faster then receiver(or reverse), then the MPI_Wait will do wait, not just deallocted. you should keep the buffer content before MPI_Wait.

                                                     Changsheng Jiang

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 11:41, Jack Bryan <dtustudy68@hotmail.com> wrote:
thanks

I know this.

but, what if sender can send a lot of messages to receivers faster than what receiver can receive ?

it means that sender works faster than receiver.

Any help is appreciated.

jack

From: jiangzuoyan@gmail.com
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 11:31:16 +0800
To: users@open-mpi.org

MPI_Isend - Starts a standard-mode, nonblocking send.

BTW, are there any asynchronous collective operations?

                                                     Changsheng Jiang

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 11:22, Jack Bryan <dtustudy68@hotmail.com> wrote:
Dear All:

How to do asychronous communication among nodes by openMPI or boot.MPI  in cluster ?

I need to set up a kind of asychronous communication protocol such that
message senders and receivers can communicate asychronously without losing any
messages between them.

I do not want to use blocking MPI routines because the processors can do other
operations when they wait for new messages coming.

I donot find this kind of MPI routines that support this
asychronous communication.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks

Jack