sorry for all...

De: Jeff Squyres <jsquyres@cisco.com>
Para: Open MPI Users <users@open-mpi.org>
Enviadas: Terça-feira, 8 de Junho de 2010 10:06:25
Assunto: Re: [OMPI users] Res: Gromacs run in parallel

I know nothing about Gromacs, but you might want to ensure that your Gromacs was compiled with Open MPI.  A common symptom of "mpirun -np 4 my_mpi_application" running 4 1-process MPI jobs (instead of 1 4-process MPI job) is that you compiled my_mpi_application with one MPI implementation, but then used the mpirun from a different MPI implementation.

On Jun 8, 2010, at 8:59 AM, lauren wrote:

> The version of Gromacs is 4.0.7.
> This is the first time that I using Gromacs, then excuse me if I'm nonsense.
>
> Wich part of md.log output  should I post?
> after or before the input description?
>
> thanks for all,
> and sorry
>
> De: Carsten Kutzner <ckutzne@gwdg.de>
> Para: Open MPI Users <users@open-mpi.org>
> Enviadas: Domingo, 6 de Junho de 2010 9:51:26
> Assunto: Re: [OMPI users] Gromacs run in parallel
>
> Hi,
>
> which version of Gromacs is this? Could you post the first lines of
> the md.log output file?
>
> Carsten
>

> On Jun 5, 2010, at 10:23 PM, lauren wrote:
>
>> sorry my english..
>>
>> I want to know how can I run  Gromancs in parallel!
>> Because when I used
>>
>> mdrun &
>> mpiexec -np 4 mdrun_mpi -v -deffnm em
>>
>>  to run the minimization in 4 cores > all cores make the same job, again!
>> They don't run together.
>> I want all in parallel make the job faster.
>>

>> what could be wrong?
>>
>> thank's a lot!

jsquyres@cisco.com
For corporate legal information go to: