On Apr 16, 2010, at 5:08 PM, Mario Ogrizek wrote:

I checked the default MCA param file, and found it was there that was (automatically) specified as a relative path, so i changed it.
So now, it works, altho, still something is not right.
Seems like its creating 4 times only 1 process.
Not sure if it has to do something with my hostfile, it contains:

node0
node1

I am running this on a simple dualcore machine, so i specified it as a localhost with two nodes.

I don't understand this comment - a dual core machine would still be a single node. Just happens to have two processors in it.

Could you send the contents of your hostfile and your mpirun cmd line?

Regards,

Mario

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 12:52 AM, Mario Ogrizek <mario.guardian@gmail.com> wrote:
I understand, so, its looking for a working_dir/usr/local/etc/openmpi-default-hostfile
I managed to run a hello world program from the console, while my wd was just "/" and it worked, altho strangely...
example for 4 procs:

Hello MPI World From process 0: Num processes: 1
Hello MPI World From process 0: Num processes: 1
Hello MPI World From process 0: Num processes: 1
Hello MPI World From process 0: Num processes: 1

So, you are saying i allways have to be in "/" to run mpi programs, or there is a way for mpi to search absolute path?
It seems pretty inconvinient this way.
I think v 1.2 didnt have this limitation.

Does this have to do anything with LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

Regards,

Mario

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 7:46 PM, Ralph Castain <rhc@open-mpi.org> wrote:
How did you specify it? Command line? Default MCA param file?

On Apr 16, 2010, at 11:44 AM, Mario Ogrizek wrote:

Any idea how to solve this?

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 7:40 PM, Timur Magomedov <timur.magomedov@developonbox.ru> wrote:
Hello.
It looks that you hostfile path should
be /usr/local/etc/openmpi-default-hostfile not
usr/local/etc/openmpi-default-hostfile but somehow Open MPI gets the
second path.

В Птн, 16/04/2010 в 19:10 +0200, Mario Ogrizek пишет:
> Well, im not sure why should i name it /openmpi-default-hostfile
> Especially, because mpirun v1.2 executes without any errors.
> But, i made a copy named /openmpi-default-hostfile, and still, the
> same result.
>
> This is the whole error message for a simple hello world program:
>

> Open RTE was unable to open the hostfile:
>     usr/local/etc/openmpi-default-hostfile
> Check to make sure the path and filename are correct.
> [Mario.local:04300] [[114,0],0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Not found in file
> base/ras_base_allocate.c at line 186
> [Mario.local:04300] [[114,0],0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Not found in file
> base/plm_base_launch_support.c at line 72
> [Mario.local:04300] [[114,0],0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Not found in file
> plm_rsh_module.c at line 990
> A daemon (pid unknown) died unexpectedly on signal 1  while attempting
> launch so we are aborting.
>

> There may be more information reported by the environment (see above).
>

> This may be because the daemon was unable to find all the needed
> shared
> libraries on the remote node. You may set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to have
> the
> location of the shared libraries on the remote nodes and this will
> automatically be forwarded to the remote nodes.
> mpirun noticed that the job aborted, but has no info as to the process
> that caused that situation.
> mpirun: clean termination accomplished
>

> ps. PTP is a parallel tools platform plugin for eclipse
>

> Regards,
>

> Mario

Kind regards,
Timur Magomedov