Yeah, it was a bug in the parser - fix scheduled for 1.4.2 release.

Thanks!
Ralph

On Mar 11, 2010, at 4:32 AM, Olivier Riff wrote:

Hello Ralph,

Thanks for you quick reply.
Sorry I did not mention the version : it is the v1.4 (which indeed is not the very last one).
I will appreciate if you could make a short test.

Thanks and Regards,

Olivier

2010/3/10 Ralph Castain <rhc@open-mpi.org>
Probably a bug - I don't recall if/when anyone actually tested that code path. I'll have a look...probably in the hostfile parser.

What version are you using?

On Mar 10, 2010, at 8:26 AM, Olivier Riff wrote:

Oops sorry I made the test too fast: it still does not work properly with several logins:

I start on user1's machine:
mpirun -np 2 --machinefile machinefile.txt MyProgram

with machinefile:
user1@machine1 slots=1
user2@machine2 slots=1

and I got :
user1@machine2 password prompt ?! (there is no user1 account on machine2...)

My problem is still open... why is there a connection attempt to machine2 with user1 ...
Has somebody an explanation ?

Thanks,

Olivier

2010/3/10 Olivier Riff <oliriff@googlemail.com>
OK, it works now thanks. I forgot to add the slots information in the machinefile.

Cheers,

Olivier

2010/3/10 Ralph Castain <rhc@open-mpi.org>

It is the exact same syntax inside of the machinefile:

user1@machine1 slots=4
user2@machine2 slots=3