Probably a bug - I don't recall if/when anyone actually tested that code path. I'll have a look...probably in the hostfile parser.

What version are you using?

On Mar 10, 2010, at 8:26 AM, Olivier Riff wrote:

Oops sorry I made the test too fast: it still does not work properly with several logins:

I start on user1's machine:
mpirun -np 2 --machinefile machinefile.txt MyProgram

with machinefile:
user1@machine1 slots=1
user2@machine2 slots=1

and I got :
user1@machine2 password prompt ?! (there is no user1 account on machine2...)

My problem is still open... why is there a connection attempt to machine2 with user1 ...
Has somebody an explanation ?

2010/3/10 Olivier Riff <>
OK, it works now thanks. I forgot to add the slots information in the machinefile.

2010/3/10 Ralph Castain <>

It is the exact same syntax inside of the machinefile:

user1@machine1 slots=4
user2@machine2 slots=3