I'm afraid not. We are working on alternative error response mechanisms, but nothing is released at this time.

On Feb 24, 2010, at 7:17 AM, Gabriele Fatigati wrote:

Mm,
i'm trying to explain better.

My target is, when a MPI process dead for some reason, after launched MPI_Abort i would like to control this behaviour. Example:

rank 0 died and launc MPI_Abort

i would like to do something before other process died. So i want to control shutdown of my MPI application. Is it possible?

2010/2/24 Ralph Castain <rhc@open-mpi.org>
I don't believe the error handler will help suppress the messages you are trying to avoid as they don't originate in the MPI layer. They are actually generated in the RTE layer as mpirun is exiting.

You could try adding the --quiet option to your mpirun cmd line. This will help eliminate some (maybe not all) of the verbage.

On Feb 24, 2010, at 6:36 AM, Jed Brown wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 14:21:02 +0100, Gabriele Fatigati <g.fatigati@cineca.it> wrote:
>> Yes, of course,
>>
>> but i would like to know if there is any way to do that with openmpi
>
> See the error handler docs, e.g. MPI_Comm_set_errhandler.
>
> Jed

Ing. Gabriele Fatigati

Parallel programmer

CINECA Systems & Tecnologies Department

Supercomputing Group

Via Magnanelli 6/3, Casalecchio di Reno (BO) Italy

www.cineca.it                    Tel:   +39 051 6171722

g.fatigati [AT] cineca.it