Thanks for reporting this.

I have committed the fixes to the v1.0 and v1.1 branches; they will show up in all of the snapshots for tomorrow.

From: users-bounces@open-mpi.org [mailto:users-bounces@open-mpi.org] On Behalf Of Bernard Knaepen
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 12:32 PM
To: Open MPI Users
Subject: Re: [OMPI users] fortran mpi io malloc error

Dear Brian,
yes I would be interested to test again when the patch is pushed in
the nightly snapshots.
Thanks,
Bernard.

On 5/2/06, Brian Barrett <brbarret@open-mpi.org> wrote:
On Apr 28, 2006, at 1:39 PM, Bernard Knaepen wrote:

> I am trying to install/run open-mpi on a Macbook Pro running MacOSX
> 10.4.6, *with* fortran support.
> I am using Intel Fortran Compiler 9.1 (professional edition).
>
> Compilation/installation went fine, except that the ifort compiler was
> not recognized as the f90 compiler by the romio configure script.
> Therefore, I explicitely set the F90 compiler to ifort in the romio
> configure script.
>
> When I try to run the following simple mpi/io program,

It appears that we don't properly handle string arguments in the
Fortran bindings for the MPI-IO functions.  I've committed a fix for
this issue in our development trunk this morning.  It should be
included in both the upcoming 1.0.3 and 1.1 releases.  Unfortunately,
I can't think of a workaround to the issue.  If you are interested, I
can let you know when the patch has been pushed in our v1.0 release
branch and is available in our nightly snapshots of v1.0.3 (which are
generally quite stable).

Brian

--
   Brian Barrett