Thanks for reporting this.
I have committed the fixes to the v1.0 and v1.1 branches; they will show up in all of the snapshots for tomorrow.

From: [] On Behalf Of Bernard Knaepen
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 12:32 PM
To: Open MPI Users
Subject: Re: [OMPI users] fortran mpi io malloc error

Dear Brian,
yes I would be interested to test again when the patch is pushed in
the nightly snapshots.

On 5/2/06, Brian Barrett <> wrote:
On Apr 28, 2006, at 1:39 PM, Bernard Knaepen wrote:

> I am trying to install/run open-mpi on a Macbook Pro running MacOSX
> 10.4.6, *with* fortran support.
> I am using Intel Fortran Compiler 9.1 (professional edition).
> Compilation/installation went fine, except that the ifort compiler was
> not recognized as the f90 compiler by the romio configure script.
> Therefore, I explicitely set the F90 compiler to ifort in the romio
> configure script.
> When I try to run the following simple mpi/io program,

It appears that we don't properly handle string arguments in the
Fortran bindings for the MPI-IO functions.  I've committed a fix for
this issue in our development trunk this morning.  It should be
included in both the upcoming 1.0.3 and 1.1 releases.  Unfortunately,
I can't think of a workaround to the issue.  If you are interested, I
can let you know when the patch has been pushed in our v1.0 release
branch and is available in our nightly snapshots of v1.0.3 (which are
generally quite stable).

   Brian Barrett
   Open MPI developer

users mailing list