I’m using 1.3.3.

The job isn’t aborted  in my case when the failing process haven’t called MPI_Init… It is aborted if the process have called MPI_Init…

--------------------------------

Jacob M. Katz | jacob.katz@intel.com | Work: +972-4-865-5726 | iNet: (8)-465-5726

From: users-bounces@open-mpi.org [mailto:users-bounces@open-mpi.org] On Behalf Of Ralph Castain
Sent: Sunday, December 06, 2009 17:44
To: Open MPI Users
Subject: Re: [OMPI users] How to detect a failure to start-up and MPI_Init()?

The system should see that app fail and abort the job - whether it calls MPI_Init first or not is irrelevant. What version are you using?

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 8:40 AM, Katz, Jacob <jacob.katz@intel.com> wrote:

Hi,

Is there a way to detect a situation than one of the processes in an MPI application exits without even calling MPI_Init()?

I have a case in which all the processes except one are stuck forever in MPI_Init(), and that one exits before being able to call MPI_Init()…

I tried using the mca params that I thought might be related - orte_startup_timeout, orte_abort_timeout, but that didn’t help.

Thanks!

Jacob M. Katz | jacob.katz@intel.com | Work: +972-4-865-5726 | iNet: (8)-465-5726

Intel Israel (74) Limited

Intel Israel (74) Limited