I had a same problem like this.
I am using Debian on my nodes, the problem was with non-interactive shell invocations,
I added "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/openMPI/lib" at the top of the ~/.bashrc files in all nodes then it worked.
Please help me out as I cannot figure out from all the online documentation why my cluster wont work.
1) I started with two computers with a fresh install of Fedora 10.
2) Created two user accounts on the two computers with the same user name.
3) Created an rsa keyed ssh between the two computers going both directions, so that each computer can log into one another without being prompted for a password.
4) Installed openmpi on both via yum with the command "yum install openmpi openmpi-devel openmpi-libs".
5) Compiled and ran hello.c with a host file containing the IP addresses of both computers with slot numbers. But openmpi only hangs for minutes, until I kill it.
I am able to run hello.c locally and even with a hostfile containing only the local machines address, but am not able to started a multi node program from either computer. Have I done all the correct steps, am I missing something?
- Jacob B.
users mailing list