Hi prasad ,

thanks you for your reply.After some googling,  I realized that you are a key member behind Axis2/C SAML , so saying "a bit of experience" is being too much humble :)
So nice meet a smart sri lankan in the forum.Really appropriate your guys great work.

Cheers,
umanga
Prasadcse Perera wrote:
Hi, with a bit of experience I have with the Axis2/C, I think your second model with MPI_Comm_spawn might solve your problem. One of  crude restriction with Axis2/C architecture is the run time service loading using static libs. This sometimes prevent many user needed handling where your logic has to be started from Invoke calls. But in this scenario I think the service acting as an agent to parellalize your task (second diagram) is the evident option that will suit your requeirement.

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 10:55 AM, Lisandro Dalcin <dalcinl@gmail.com> wrote:
I do not know anything about implementing webservices, but you should
take a look at MPI-2 dynamic process management. This way, your
webservice can MPI_Comm_spawn() a brand-new set of parallel processes
doing the heavy work. This way, your webservice will act as a kind of
proxy application between the request coming from the outside world
and your parallel computing resources...

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 12:44 AM, Ashika Umanga
Umagiliya<aumanga@biggjapan.com> wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> I am in the design level of parallizing an SVM algorithm.We need to expose
> this as a webservice.I have decided to go with Axis2/C implementation.
>
> Please refer to : http://i30.tinypic.com/i707qq.png
>
> As can be seen in the Figure1 , can I embedd my MPI logic in side my
> Webservice ? I guess that its not possible because the webservice is
> packaged as a static library (myService.so) and can not execute the
> "mpirun".
>
> In Figure2, I have illustrated another alternative.In my Webservice, I
> invoke my parallel program (myParallelProg) using "mpirun" and other
> parameters.
>
> Is there any good design to accomplish what I am trying to do?I think the
> second is not a good design ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> umanga

Lisandro Dalcín