Attached are the two library files you requested, also the output from
ompi_info.

I tried the work-around procedure you suggested, and it worked.  I had to
also use it in 'ompi/mca/mpool/gm' and 'ompi/mca/ptl/gm', but I got a
successful make.  Then, on a hunch, I went back and added
     
     setenv LDFLAGS -L/usr/lib64

to my environment, did a 'make clean', reran configure (with the MPI2 support),
and did another 'make all install'.  It worked.  The ompi_info output is attached.
I see 'gm' entries in the list, so I assume things are as expected.  I now must
have my sysadmin guy transport the installation to the compute nodes, but I
hope that will be routine.

Thanks for the help



Brian Barrett wrote:
On Mar 10, 2006, at 8:35 AM, Brian Barrett wrote:

  
On Mar 9, 2006, at 11:37 PM, Tom Rosmond wrote:

    
Attached are output files from a build with the adjustments you  
suggested.

setenv FC pgf90
setenv F77 pgf90
setenv CCPFLAGS -I/usr/include/gm

./configure  --prefix=/users/rosmond/ompi  --with-gm

The results are the same.
      
Yes, I figured the failure would still be there.  Sorry to make you  
do the extra work, but I needed a build without the extra issues so  
that I could try to get a clearer picture of what is going on.   
Unfortunately, it looks like libtool (the GNU project to build  
portable libraries) is doing something I didn't expect and causing  
issues.  I'm passing this on to a friend of Open MPI who works on  
the Libtool project and is extremely good at figuring these issues  
out.  I'll relay back what he recommends, but it might not be until  
Monday.
    

The Libtool expert was wondering if you could send the contents of  
the files /usr/lib/libgm.la and /usr/lib64/libgm.la.  They should  
both be (fairly short) text files.

Also, as a possible work-around, he suggests compiling from the top  
level like normal (just "make" or "make all") until the failure,  
changing directories into ompi/mca/btl/gm (where the failure  
occurred) and running "make LDFLAGS=-L/usr/lib64", then changing  
directories back to the top level of the Open MPI source code and  
running make (without the extra LDFLAGS option) again.  Let me know  
if that works.

Thanks,

Brian