Subject: [OMPI users] btl_openib_connect_oob.c:867:rml_recv_cb error after Infini-band stack update.
From: Ivanov, Aleksandar (INR) (aleksandar.ivanov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-20 14:25:10

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am using the openmpi 1.6.5 library compiled with IFORT / ICC 13.1.5. Since a recent update of our machine I started generating mpi errors. The code crashes after completing approx. 24 % from the total job. The same code and input were run before on the same machine and no such problems were ever observed. The actual error message is attached.
I presume that after the update an incompatibility between the infiniband-stack and the openmpi library might have been introduced. I think that the suggested "out of memory problem" should not be causing the malfunction, since the application uses only 1GB of the total 32 GB available.

I would appreciate your help and ideas how to clarify this issue.

Thank you in advance

Best Regards

Aleksandar Ivanov