Subject: [OMPI users] Program abortion at a simple MPI_Get Programm
From: Florian Hahner (home_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-17 15:59:06

Hello MPI users,

first of all i want to introduce myself. My name is Florian Hahner and I'm studying applied computer science in Fulda, Germany. In our class 'parallel computing' I'm working at a MPI-2 Project to show the benefits and the working method of one-sided communications.

I wrote a litte MPI program to demonstrate the mpi_get() function (see attachment).

The idea behind the program is that a master process with rank 0 fills an integer array with the size of MPI_Comm_size with values. The other processes should MPI_GET the value from this shared int array at the index of their rank.

We could compile the code, but execution will raise an error.

We compile and run it with several MPI implementations (LAMMPI, MPICH ) and get every time errors. Host system is: 5.10 Generic_150400-10 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise Solaris

PS: I've some information are missing, please fill free to ask!

Best Regards

Florian Hahner